Friday, March 3, 2017

AN EXCERPT FROM DARKNESS RISING

pizap-com14883956270951
Darkness
The boy calls to me like a lover’s kiss on the wind. As I sit and watch each moon cycle come and go I realize he is lost. He needs guidance. His darkness is teetering on a fine edge of pulling back or consuming him. His rage feeds the darkness within him and pulls it forward more each day. I yearn to feel his darkness caress me. I must go to him. I must taste his dark power. I must consume him and merge our powers. I must get to him before he allows this darkness to take him over. I need his essence to be present within him in order for my destruction to be fulfilling. Valerius called him – Aubrie. Interesting. Last I knew his name was Arawn.  For all the years of his life, Valerius, as he came to be known, has been the object of my yearning but now, now it is his offspring. His offspring harbors a much more potent darkness than any of us could ever imagine. His offspring is whom I wish to hunt, savor, and devour. Sitting here in my cave I cannot help but rehash the moment I felt him, the moment he entered my presence seeking to free his father of my hold. I fell prey to his harbored carnal instincts the moment I sensed him and have been captivated since. I will have Arawn. He will become part of my collection of souls for eternity. He will not be an easy acquisition. It will take a cunning thought process to work myself into his life. I can’t just come at him and devour as I normally would, he has a Druid Priest that has partially ascended and has connections to the Divine on his side. He would see me coming before I even arrived. No, I must work my way slowly into his circle. I must not be hasty in my approach or Erwin will see through my facade. He must be approached delicately. He must trust that I will not harm him. It will not be easy nor will it be a fun task but it can be done. I must prepare for my journey to the modern world in which he resides. There is much to learn and perfect before our meeting. He will test my willpower every moment I am in his realm but I am confident I can resist temptation until the time is right to reveal myself to him. Oh, the beauty of that moment!”

AVAILABLE AT AMAZON

No comments: